Tuesday 17 May 2011

Bansky Bristol museum 13th June 2009






I visited the Museum in Bristol where Banksy was holding his first show since 2000. I visited Banksy's exhibition at the Museum in Bristol as I had an interest in his work. The work was set out quite different to any other exhibition which I had been to and was very 3D and stood out. I also noticed he had hidden aspects of his work among other artists exhibitions and vandalised the museum signs with his name. Among the usual art Bansky had placed security cameras in areas which were relevant to the theme of his show and juxtaposed with the security cameras the museum already had up. The way he presented his show was quite simple you walked around and looked at his work at points along the way you may notice things he had hidden or you might notice art which was supposed to look like he had vandalised another artists work. Banksy used a lot of different lighting in his exhibition, for example one of the first rooms you walked into had a lot of camoflage netting and the light shining through this gave a very dramatic efect. My favourite part of the exhibition was the statues banksy had created I found them ver humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment