Sunday 15 May 2011

Initial cork photography





For my Cork photograph I knew I wanted to produce a photograph made up of lots of images in the style of David Hockney's 'joiners'. I went out and tried to find some interesting places in Bath, I decided to use black and white film as the outcome would be unpredictable but unique similar to that of John Lowings's photography. This meant I used a lot of film but the actual photos when I developed them were of quite nice quality and in focus. I had a good range of images which I could use and instead of developing them which would have been very time consuming I decided to use the negative scanner so I could then combine them in Photoshop. The process of creating the collage was actually fairly easy as I had an image of the whole bridge to work from. I copied and pasted each image onto a blank canvas until I had the final image. I then adjusted the contrast to make the black and white area of the image more visible and give the image dramatic appeal like the images John Lowing's has produced. I then added a dark grey background to make the image stand out more. This worked better than black or white and I felt it complimented the image.
When the image was printed I went over to the Cork to get my frame. I carefully removed the original image and inserted mine. I put it back up on the wall with a small plaque saying a little information about my image.

No comments:

Post a Comment