Wednesday 11 May 2011

peggy guggenheim gallery









I visited the Peggy Guggenheim gallery in Venice. The top map is a layout of the museum as a whole where as the above is a map showing how the gallery was laid out. It was fairly simple the art was mounted on white clean walls so as not to distract from the art. Some of the rooms had sofa's in you could sit on which I thought was a good idea and some had sculptures on white pillars in the room. the artwork in general was very eye-catching and good. my favourite piece was 'Sliced Bologna' by James Rosenquist. I particularily likr this piece because not only has he procuced a piece of art showing sliced foor but he has sliced the canvas also. I like this idea and think it is quite original. The images below are of some of the sculptures in the outside area.

Photos of Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice


Photos of Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice

No comments:

Post a Comment